“Veggie Girl Power” – Experience, wisdom, creativity, skills, heart, worldliness, passion, grace, drive, dedication and personality!
I’m so excited to launch my first “Veggie Girl Power” interview series, featuring a Dream Team of trailblazing veggie-superstar ladies. These women personify “Veggie Girl Power” and together, they have shaken up mainstream society and paved the way for the future of veggie girls (and boys) everywhere.
Who are they? Amanda, Chloe, Erin, Karina, Kristen, Marilu, Rory and Sarma. Do they really need last names? Probably not. But just for the veggie newbies…
1. Amanda Cohen, Chef/Owner of Dirt Candy restaurant in NYC.
2. Chloé Jo Berman, Glamazon Owner of GirlieGirlArmy.com.
3. Erin McKenna, Founder of BabyCakes NYC.
4. Karina Allrich of Karinas Kitchen Gluten-Free Recipes.
5. Kristen Suzanne, Owner of KristensRaw.com.
6. Marilu Henner, Actress, author, mom, wife. Marilu.com.
7. Rory Freedman, Skinny Bitch. Best-Selling Author.
8. Sarma Melngailis, Co-Founder of Pure Food and Wine restaurant NYC. Founder of One Lucky Duck.
Ten Days of Veggie Girl Power! My series starts this Saturday. Don’t miss this 10-day cascade of inspiring posts, as each featured lady answers my questions about her veggie-girl philosophies, favorite foods and even how they handle their critics. Ahead, check out the complete series schedule and see the list of questions each lady was asked. You don’t want to miss this!…
Series Schedule: Veggie Girl Power Interview Series
Sat 10/17: Amanda Cohen
Mon 10/19: Chloe Jo Berman
Tues 10/20: Erin McKenna
Wed 10/21: Karina Allrich
Thurs 10/22: Kristen Suzanne
Fri 10/23: Marilu Henner
Sun 10/25: Rory Freedman
Mon 10/26: Sarma Melngailis
Tues 10/27: “Best-Of VGP” Wrap-Up post
Here is the list of interview questions:
The “Veggie Girl Power” Interview
Celebrating Female Trailblazers Who Inspire Us!
Featured Ladies with “Veggie Girl Power”, aka a female with experience, wisdom, creativity, skills, heart, worldliness, passion, grace, drive, dedication and personality! Each question is ‘filed’ under one of these VGP characteristics:
1. Name and ‘title’.
2. DRIVE: Yawn, sunrise, what is the first food/drink you reach for to start your “Veggie Girl Power” day?
3. HEART: As a “Veggie Girl Power” trailblazer you inspire so many girls/women, who or what was your inspiration at the start of your journey to today?
4. EXPERIENCE: When people ask you why you ‘went VEG’ what is your usual answer?
5. WORLDLINESS: Celebration dinner out, where do you go?
6. CREATIVITY: “You can judge a veggie girl by her beverage”…what are your favorite juice/smoothie recipes?
7. DEDICATION: Are there any foods or food brands that you simply couldn’t live without?
8. WISDOM: What is a favorite life tip or quote of wisdom that you have shared with the world?
9. SKILLS: And equally important, what is one of your yummiest recipes you have shared with the world?
10. PASSION: What is the one message that you try to project to your fans and those you inspire?
11. PERSONALITY: Who would you award the “Veggie Girl Power” label to? And what have you learned from them?
12. GRACE: How do you respond to negative comments from critics, in real life or on the web?
Bonus Question: Yes or no-do you think veg*n diets will ever be the majority and not the minority?
Interested to see how these ladies answered??? Follow the series and don’t miss a single inspiring answer!