*disclosure: This post is sponsored by DOLE
One of my most anticipated movie releases this winter: Disney’s Frozen 2.
Also exciting, how Disney and Dole have collaborated up for a healthy eating campaign to help kids and families eat more fruits and veggies.
Today, I am sharing a few wintery, healthy-delicious recipes with you guys! All plant-based, all infused with a little Disney magic. Plus, enter to win a jam-packed Dole + Disney’s Frozen 2 Prize Pack. Giveaway and recipes ahead..
“We want to combine the powers of Dole and Disney’s Frozen 2 to make healthy eating fun, exciting and maybe even a bit magical!”– William Goldfield, Dole’s director of communications
Disney’s Frozen 2 + Dole + Healthy Living
Dole celebrates Disney’s Frozen 2 and the next chapter in the globally beloved story of Anna, Elsa and the Kingdom of Arendelle with its most ambitious healthy-lifestyle campaign since entering into a long-term nutritional alliance with The Walt Disney Company in 2016.
Empowering the Hero Within
Dole’s latest installment of its “Empowering the Hero Within” initiative employs a flurry of activities to make it easier for parents to motivate their families toward healthy living – with menu options rich in fresh fruits and vegetables.
“Our goal is to warmly embrace the universal appeal of Disney’s Frozen 2 and the film’s themes of family, fortitude, responsibility and the awesome power of nature to help create healthier household routines that can lead to long-term, positive changes in behavior,” – “More important, we want to combine the powers of Dole and Disney’s Frozen 2 to make healthy eating fun, exciting and maybe even a bit magical.”– William Goldfield, Dole’s director of communications
And Dole bananas are the main ingredient in the super yummy banana bread I crafted for this campaign! It’s loaded with chocolate flavor.
Some of the vegan Disney’s Frozen 2 recipes you can find on the campaign website..
Disney’s Frozen 2 Recipes
- Winter Solstice Stew (by Dole) – Creamy, warming stew featuring carrots and sweet potatoes – packed with veggies and flavor.
- Chocolate PB Banana Bread (by me) – This fluffy, amazing loaf is perfect for your chocolate craving, but keeps things healthy with loads of bananas, natural sweetness and it’s plant-based.
- Blue Snowstorm Smoothie (by me) – Frosty blue blend of DOLE bananas and blueberries, I’m sure elsa could whip this one up in a flurry!
Disney’s Frozen 2, in theaters now! Have you seen it yet? It’s AMAZING!
Disney’s Frozen 2 + Dole Giveaway
Enter to win this super fun Disney’s Frozen 2 x Dole Prize Pack. One winner will be chosen, USA shipping only. Here are some of the goodies included..
- Full-size Disney’s Frozen 2 Olaf Plush
- Dole black apron + hat
- The Dole Nutrition Handbook
- Two Disney’s Frozen 2 Activity Sets featuring a treasure box and a painting kit
- Disney’s Frozen 2 mug
- Disney’s Frozen 2 Tervis tumbler
- Disney’s Frozen 2 beverage holder with round lid and straw
- Disney’s Frozen 2 bowl and plate – BPA-free
- Dole Disney’s Frozen 2-inspired Recipe Card Set
- Disney’s Frozen 2 Olaf ceramic salt + pepper shakers
- And a few more goodies in there….
Enter the giveaway…a Rafflecopter giveaway
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 2 cups DOLE® banana, extra ripe, mashed
- ½ cup peanut butter, chunky used, softened
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon molasses, blackstrap – or sub with more maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 5 tablespoon cacao powder, unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- vegan butter or oil, to coat
- a few pinches flour
- ½ cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips, vegan
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease your loaf pan with vegan butter or olive oil, add a few pinches of flour over top that. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your mashed bananas. I used four large DOLE bananas to get the two cups.
- Add the other wet ingredients: maple, peanut butter, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and water. Using a hand mixer, beat everything together until smooth – yet still slightly chunky from the bananas.
- Add all the remaining dry ingredients, flours, cacao, salt, baking soda, optional cinnamon. Beat until smooth and fluffy. Optional: If you want extra chocolate flavor you can fold in your fave dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks.
- Pour the batter into your prepped loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour. You will know your loaf is ready when the top is firm, and the sides begin to pull away from the edges of the loaf pan.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the loaf pan. slice and serve warm. Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
- mixing bowl
- mixer or beater
- loaf pan
nutrition estimate | per serving
Blue Snowstorm Smoothie
- One day ahead of time: freeze the ripe DOLE bananas.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend from low to high until smooth.
nutrition estimate | per serving
Winter Solstice Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus additional for garnish, optional
- 2 medium DOLE® White Onions, chopped
- 6 stalks DOLE® Celery, chopped
- 2 medium DOLE® Carrots, chopped
- 2 cups small DOLE® Cauliflower florets
- 1 large DOLE® Sweet Potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium celery root, chopped
- 7 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown or yellow mustard seeds, optional
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- Fresh thyme leaves for garnish, optional
- HEAT oil in a large sauce-pot over medium-high heat; add onions and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add celery, carrots and cauliflower; cook 10 minutes or until starting to brown, stirring occasionally. Add sweet potato, celery root and stock; heat to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 45 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- TOAST hazelnuts in a small skillet over medium-low heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant; add mustard seeds, if using, and cook 2 minutes or until mustard seeds start to pop, stirring frequently.
- PURÉE soup in batches in a blender on high 1 minute or until smooth; transfer back to sauce-pot and stir in salt. Makes about 10 cups.
- SERVE soup topped with hazelnut mixture garnished with oil and thyme, if desired.
My Work with DOLE, over the years..
I have been working with Dole for ten years now – wow!
I have always been super impressed and inspired by their commitment to including plant-based options for their mainstream audience – and involving vegan bloggers in their campaigns.
I am more than ever impressed by Disney’s commitment to including vegan options in it’s magical world. From campaigns like this one, to theme parks, I am so very happy that one of my fave brands continues to recognize the importance of getting families to eat more plants!
Check out a few of my past DOLE collabs…
- Fresh Pineapple DOLE WHIP
- Nutrition Institute Tour + FreshFest
- Green Fuel Protein Shake: Cars 3
- And of of my faves, presenting recipes at D23 in Anaheim!..
DISNEY’S FROZEN II IS IN THEATERS NOW! Visit the DOLE + Frozen II website to get excited.