One sip, and your mind freezes over in a pure state of fresh bliss. You could call this a palate-cleansing frosty – but I call it a day-cleansing frosty. “Stress be gone.” says the hypnotic green lime juice.
For an arctic chill inspired, zippy, juicy and sweet-tart sip – give this Frozen Limeade Frosty a try. It is infused with bright fresh lime juice with sweet undertones of basil, a hint of lemon and sweetened with smooth maple (or agave) syrup. This frosty is free of mint – but you could certainly add some if you’d like. Vibrant, clean flavors will cool you off and chill you out. And yes, if you want to add a happy hour splash of silver tequila, go for it…
Change it up (a few yummy add-in’s):
* Add frozen watermelon!
* Add frozen or fresh mango!
* Add double bananas for a creamier sip!
* Add cherries!
* Add a scoop of vanilla soy ice cream for a lime-cream-sicle sip!
* Fresh mint!
* Cayenne for spice!
or go with the pure lime and basil flavor..
Frozen Limeade Frosty
makes about 24 ounces
2 juicy limes, squeezed (about ¼ cup lime juice)
1 tablespoon lemon juice (or use all lime)
1 ½ cups ice
⅓ cup frozen banana
2-3 tablespoon maple or agave syrup
pinch of lime zest
2 tablespoon fresh basil or mint leaves
2-4 tablespoon chilled water* (I used sparkling mineral water!)
*the amount of water you use determines how intense your frosty flavor will be.
Optional: make it a cocktail + splash of tequila
garnish: lime wedges
1. Add the fresh citrus juice to the blender. I used my Vitamix.
2. Add in the ice cubes, banana, sweetener, lime zest and basil.
3. Start blending on low – slowly add in the water 1 tablespoon at a time. Keep blending until a desired thickness is reached.
4. Pour into glasses. Garnish. Salt-rimmed glasses are a nice touch too.