Sometimes a normal-sized cookie will just not do. Well, for those times, I bring you my chocolate-chip infused Jumbo Peanut Butter Cookies.
These oversized peanut butter cookies are soft and chewy with bold peanut butter flavor in every bite. The chocolate perfectly pairs with the nutty sweetness and a light shimmer of sugar on top gives these cookies next level status.
Oh, and yes, these Jumbo Peanut Butter Cookies are totally vegan. No fridge chill time needed! Whip these up and enjoy a giant cookie today!…
Classic Cookie Recipe
This is a classic cookie gone vegan. Peanut butter and chocolate is such a beloved flavor combination. And these cookies take that classic duo and veganize things.
In general, cookies are really easy to veganize! These Jumbo Peanut Butter Cookies simply sub out eggs and butter with vegan versions. Everything else is already vegan to begin with.
If you want to make sure your sugar is vegan, you can buy “organic sugar” – but you certainly don’t need to nit-pick that if you don’t care to.
Peanut Butter Cookies
I love peanut butter cookies. They are probably my overall favorite cookie for snacking. I always feel like eating a peanut butter cookie is … well.. good for me! Ha. The peanut butter is filled with good stuff and well, cookies in general give me a mood boost. So yeah, these cookies are definitely part of my wellness regimen. And I suggest you add a few treats to your wellness regimen as well.
Because seriously, desserts are necessary, yes? Pretty sure we eat dessert every day in our house.
You do not need to make these Jumbo Peanut Butter Cookies in a jumbo size. If you make balls that are a bit smaller, you should get about 12-14 cookies out of this dough. But, I really think it is fun to make these into jubo cookies.
The dough is sturdy enough upon blending to mold the balls in your hand without any fridge time. Which really cuts down on cookie prep time.
Smashing the cookies down with a fork helps them spread and adds that cute, classic peanut butter cookie. design on top.
Those Chocolate Chips?
I specifically used Super Cookie Chips in these. They remind me of (non-vegan) chocolate kisses! Because they melt so easily in the cookies and in your mouth. But any vegan chocolate chip – or even chopped chocolate bar will work.
Or go chocolate-free and do plain peanut butter cookies!
Nap Time Cookies
But really. Tired moms can bake cookies in their sleep. Hooray.
Browse my cookie recipe here!
Jumbo Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup vegan butter , 1 stick
- ½ cup peanut butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup JUST Egg, egg replacer
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, gluten-free will work too
- 10 oz chocolate chips, or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add peanut butter, butter, sugars, vanilla, JUST egg. Beat until fluffy.
- Add in the salt, baking soda and powder and flour. Beat until fluffy.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Using your hands, rolling into golf-ball sized balls. Place on the baking sheet. You should get about 9 balls.
- Roll the balls into some cane sugar – optional. Then pat them down three times using a fork. Make criss-cross designs in the top of the cookies and flatten a bit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool at least ten minutes before serving.
- baking sheet
- mixing bowl