These vegan Pretzel-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cups are easy to make and such a delicious treat for fall!..Jump to Recipe
Peanut butter cups are one of my favorite treats. Peanut butter and chocolate in a handheld little crimp-edged cup. Well when I DIY my own peanut (or almond) butter cups, I like to add a few tweaks to the recipe. Recipe variations that you don’t often find in store-bought candy.
Pretzel-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cups
And today I added crunchy, salty, starchy pretzels to my usual cups. I absolutely loved the texture and added layer of flavor the pretzels added. this recipe is so fun to make this month to get in a Halloween sort of mood. Turn on Hocus Pocus, melt some chocolate in a double broiler and you’re halfway there! Get the recipe…
VIDEO. Watch me whip these together..
Peanut Butter Cups – The Shape. You have two options. You can either use a basic muffin tin and line with muffin liners – since they have those nice crimped edges. Or you can buy peanut butter cup candy molds. Amazon has one few here.
The coconut oil in this recipe is totally optional. I find that when I add coconut oil the cups harden up a bit faster than plain melted chocolate. So if I am in a hurry, I add a few spoonfuls of coconut oil. The coconut oil makes the texture a bit oilier and adds a very slight coconut flavor. You can absolutely omit coconut oil from this recipe and just make your Pretzel-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cups using basic chocolate and peanut butter.
Want more Halloween goodies? Check out this post:
- 59 Vegan Goodies for Halloween from Bloggers
- One of my faves for fall apples, this caramel sauce! Caramel Apples – so good!
These Pretzel-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cups would be a fun movie night treat – especially in October when tricks and treats and cozy, spooky nights in are on everyone’s to-do list. What do you like to watch this time of year?…
My fave Halloween movies? Here they are…
- Hocus Pocus
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Sleepy Hallow
- Garfield’s Halloween Adventure
- The shining (If I’m really feeling brave!)
Pretzels stuffed insides – melty chocolate and peanut butter..
Pretzel-Stuffed Peanut Butter CupsPrint Pin
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, vegan
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, extra virgin – optional
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, softened
- 1/4 cup pretzels, crushed
- coarse sea salt, to taste – topping
- Melt the chocolate and one Tbsp coconut oil in a double broiler on the stove. LOW heat. When chocolate is shiny and melted, remove from heat.
- Combine the peanut butter and 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a small dish, heat in microwave for 30-60 seconds. Stir. This mixture should be nice and soft.
- Use either a peanut butter cup candy mold or a muffin tin lined with muffin liners. Scoop 1-2 tsp of chocolate into the cups. Allow the chocolate to coat the bottom and sides of the cups.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 minutes to harden.
- Remove from freezer and add in a tsp of peanut butter and a pinch of pretzels – just enough to have a few sprinkled throughout. Top with another dollop of chocolate. Smooth tops. Repeat with all cups. Sprinkle coarse sea salt over top.
- Freeze for another 10-20 minutes. Pop out of shells. Serve! Store leftovers in the freezer.
- candy mold or muffin tin and liners