Quick, easy and satisfying meals are the name of the game this time of year. And those meals are best when you have minimal cooking or turning on of the oven or stove. And these Summer Bean Tacos are the perfect fit for your summer eating mood. Whipped these up today using my leftover baked beans…
Before the creamy drizzle on top…
The ‘creamy sauce’ on top is my super easy blend of vegan mayo and hot sauce. I usually do 1/4 cup mayo to 1 tsp hot sauce. But you can tweak as desired. Whisk and drizzle. If you’d like a hint of sweet, add a teaspoon of maple or agave syrup too.
All that yummy bean-y goodness, topped with fresh ingredients like avocado and slaw!..
This weekend was so pretty, happy to go on a beach bike ride with my friend Angela of My Fresh Perspective.
Spritz some lime juice on top and serve!..
Summer + Taco + Sunbeam Mood…
Wait, so what are summer beans? Summer beans are basically beans, but for me, they should have a hint of smokiness, sweetness and a bit of heat too. My ‘summer beans’ here today were the Cowgirl Baked Beans I whipped up yesterday. So today for lunch, I made these easy, vegan, amazingly yummy tacos.
The heat from the creamy, hearty beans pairs perfectly with the cool, crunchy slaw and buttery avocado. Tomato for some color, you could also use salsa and a drizzle of creamy sauce on top.
For the tomato topping, you can use fresh diced tomatoes, chunky salsa, hot sauce or even roasted tomato!..
Avocado or guacamole would work here. Purple cabbage in place of white works too. Or you could use refreshing chopped romaine lettuce. Another fun add would be sliced black olives or some summertime roasted corn!
Summer Bean Tacos
- 1 1/2 cup Cowgirl Baked Beans, recipe link in notes
- 6 tortillas – I like to double mine up for each taco
- 1/2 cup salsa, or diced tomato
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- creamy sauce – vegan mayo + hot sauce, to taste
- Warm up the beans.
- Warm tortillas on stove, microwave or oven.Add beans to tortillas.
- Top with cabbage, avocado, tomato. Repeat until all tacos are filled.
- Place on serving plate.
- Whisk together the creamy sauce with 1/4 cup vegan mayo to about a teaspoon of hot sauce.
- Drizzle the creamy sauce over top. Serve!
nutrition estimate | per serving
Pin it for later..