This is probably my favorite post to do each and every year. My Top 20 (or so) recipe round-up, looking back on my year of blog posts. So just in case you may have missed out on anyt fan-faves, here are my Top 21 Recipes of 2018. Plus, I share three things I learned about food + recipes in 2018, my personal fave two recipes and what I hope to bring to 2019!…
Three Things I Learned About Food in 2018, here on HHL:
1. Mushrooms. I really dove fork-first into mushroom recipes this past year! I have been a lover of mushrooms for some time, but this past year we really added them in regular rotation to our family meals. We probably ate a mushroom-packed dish at least once a week, usually twice. When it comes to mushrooms, I love shiitake, portobello and hen of the woods the best. Crimini are great as a fast, go-to mushroom. This past year I added mushrooms to toast, quesadillas, rice dishes and more! Mushrooms are a healthy ingredient and if you are not already, I hope you can experiment with them in YOUR kitchen in the coming year.
2. Savory vs. Sweet. In my early years of blogging, it was the dessert dishes that always received the highest pageviews and comments. But it is so great how things have shifted the past few years as I notice more and more people requesting savory vegan recipes! To me, that shows that people are choosing plant-based recipes less and less as healthy diversions in their menus, but more and more as everyday meals. Which is a great thing! In turn, I have tried to give you guys plenty of savory recipes the past year.
3. Fast is Still Key. The past five years have really shown me how much people are craving fast and easy recipes. When I first started my blog I would spend hours and hours in the kitchen, toiling awaw with a few long-winded recipes. Recipes that would turn out amazingly, but definitely take some time to prepare from scratch. I used to get so excited about exotic ingredients and fancy, long recipes. But just like you guys, I have leaned towards fast and friendly go-to recipes the past few years. I blame social media for my dwindling attention span in the kitchen! Ha. But really, having a set family of ingredients and pantry staples and learning how to quickly whip up a totally lovable, healthy vegan meal is what I crave these days. I hope you guys have enjoyed the fast and easy recipes I have been sharing the past year.
In 2019, I hope to continue bringing your guys fast, friendly, delicious and plant-packed recipes that your whole family will swoon oner. I will be spending a big chunk of time with my growing Finding Vegan Meals community too – creating new, exclusive content, and I hope that you check that out and consider joining on as well! I have over 400 colorful, inspiring, delicious pages of content already in action for you guys!
Top 21 Recipes of 2018
And now, let’s look back on the recipes that made 2018 extra-special and extra-delicious!..
5. Garlic Aioli
9. Granola Bars with nuts, seeds + chocolate
12. Buffalo Chickpeas (on salad or other options.)
13. Mushroom Toast
17. Mushroom Risotto
20. Beans on Toast
5 of my personal fave recipes of 2018…
1. Easter Cupcakes
And my fave recipes of 2018?
I have to say I really LOVED my beans on toast as well as my blueberry cheesecake ice cream. Those are probably my two faves!
Happy new year everyone! Thank you SO MUCH for being here and for being a part of the Healthy Happy Life community in 2018! Looking forward to the coming year!
Lots of love, Kathy
Pin this post for later..