I love peanut butter desserts. You too? So yesterday, I put a peanut butter chocolate spin on my vegan cheesecake recipe that I posted earlier this week. How did this chilled slice fare at dessert time? Well, my taste-tester extraordinaire, also the most discerning peanut butter pie connoisseur I’ve ever met in my life (my husband) – says that this pie was his new favorite dessert. So I’ll give it a thumbs up…
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake / Pie
vegan, makes one pie
8 ounces soy cream cheese (1 tub)
1/3 cup soy sour cream
1/2 cup creamy salted peanut butter
12 ounces silken tofu, drained
2 Tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 – 3/4 cup cane sugar (use 1/2 cup for a more subtly sweet pie)
4 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips
2 Tbsp Ener-G egg replacer + 3 tbsp water to activate (optional*)
1 chocolate cookie crust (pre-made, or homemade with chocolate cookies)
* If not using this egg replacer you could use a flax egg, a mashed banana or 2 Tbsp added virgin coconut oil – or simply omit.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the Ener-G Egg Replacer and set aside. This is an optional step, but helps the fluffiness of the cheesecake.
3. Combine all cheesecake ingredients in a blender (all except chocolate chips) – blend until smooth. Add in egg replacer if using.
4. Pour filling into crumb-lined pie pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over top.
5. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.
6. Chill in fridge to allow pie to set. You could also serve warm for a custard-style, melted chocolate taste.
Garnish: soy whip cream and vegan chocolate sprinkles.
A few more peanut butter dessert recipes..
* Easy Chocolate Chip Peanut Cookies
* Peanut Butter Banana Waffles
* Cherry Chocolate Peanut Butter Panini
* Choco Pudding with Peanut Caramel Sauce
* PETA butter Cookies (pb chocolate chip)
* A favorite!.. Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Pie Yum-my..