These Everything “Double Scoop” Cookies have everything but the kitchen sink in them — or so the saying goes. Not really. I mean, these delightful, flavor-packed vegan cookies are kinda like traditional chocolate chip cookies with a sprinkle of magic. Magic in the form of rustic rolled oats, toasty walnuts, buttery pecans, perky pumpkin seeds, gooey chocolate chips (obviously), some creamy peanut butter, aromatic cinnamon and vanilla and plenty of sweetness from dreamy coconut sugar and maple syrup.
Yup, these cookies have a lot going on, in the best way possible.
And even better, these Everything “Double Scoop” Cookies can absolutely be customized to fit your ingredients-on-hand needs. Change up the nuts and seeds, change up the flour or the egg replacer. Or even the peanut butter. Or go crazy and add in even more goodies. I’m thinking raisins, sunflower seeds, maybe even an extra scoop of chocolate chips if you want.
Any way you make ’em, I promise these double scoop cookies will fill your kitchen, tummy and mood with some sparkle.
Double Scoop Cookies
You’ve heard of two scoops of ice cream. Well these cookies have two scoops of dough. Why? Well, you get a yummy sort of double mound cookie, that ensures moist and gooey insides, while retaining the browned, slightly crunchy outsides. Plus, you just get more cookie! That is never a bad thing.
So how do you double scoop?
You do one pass of a cookie dough scooper. Scooping regular sized cookies onto your baking sheet. Then you will have about 1/4 of the dough still in the bowl. So you load up the scooper again – usually about 1/2 full – and you do one more pass of scooping dough onto the cookie mounds. This makes a piled high cookie that still spreads nicely, but also still stays thick and just… YUM.
And by YUM, I mean, hearty, nutty, gooey, buttery, chocolate-melty cookie magic.
Do I have to double scoop these cookies?
Nope! If you prefer a flatter cookie, you can absolutely single scoop this Everything “Double Scoop” Cookie dough. You will end up with around 17 cookies instead of 12.
Ingredients for Everything “Double Scoop” Cookies
Like I said, these are ‘everything’ cookies, similar to an everything bagel – sprinkled with all the coating you can cram on top.
Also as I said above, you can substitute pretty much any of these add-in ingredients with something similar. Nuts and seeds are very interchangeable.
Walnuts – When eating these cookies, I always find myself searching for those giant chunky of raw walnuts. They get all toasty in the oven. Absolutely dreamy nestled next to melted chocolate and oats and cinnamon.
Pumpkin Seeds – The salted pumpkin seeds add some texture and salty flavor. Plus, they are jam-packed with nutrients – much like all the add-ins in this list. I love the Go Raw Pumpkin Seeds the best!
Pecans – Chopped pecans add another nice layer of crunch and their buttery texture is always welcome in a cookie.
Rolled Oats – Hearty, earthy and textured, rolled oats make these Everything “Double Scoop” Cookies extra healthy-tasting. But in a good way!! And ps. Use rolled oats – not quick oats for the best rustic texture.
Chocolate – Vegan chocolate chips or chunks are a must for me, but believe it or not, these cookies taste amazing with or without the chocolate!
Cinnamon – Such a simple add, so much sparkly, spiced, home-baked flavor.
Coarse Sea Salt – Sprinkle some fleur de sel or coarse sea salt over top the cookies if you love a sharp salty sweet contrast in each bite. (optional)
Vegan Butter – Earth Balance does it for me. But any vegan butter will work.
Peanut Butter – Sub with any nut butter you’d like. I love the richness that the nut butter gives these Everything “Double Scoop” Cookies.
Egg – I used JUST vegan egg replacer, but so many options could be used. Old school apple sauce, two flax eggs, even some mashed banana or seasonal pumpkin puree. Just be sure whatever you use, it equals around 1/2 cup or subs for two eggs.
Flour – I used Gold Medal unbleached, organic all-purpose flour. You can experiment with gluten-free options as well.
Maple Syrup and Coconut Sugar – My two fave sweeteners for just about everything. They both add a caramelized flavor to cookies. I love these maple-sweetened peanut butter cookies.
Browse more of my COOKIE recipes here!
Everything “Double Scoop” Cookies
- 2/3 cups maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, softened
- 1/2 cup JUST Egg replacer, or similar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips, vegan
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts and seeds, walnuts, pecans and pumpkin seeds used
- coarse sea salt, sprinkled over top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the melted butter, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and egg replacer to the mixing bowl. Stir until combined and generally smooth – dissolving the coconut sugar and smoothing out peanut butter.
- Stir in the cinnamon, salt, baking soda and flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, oats and nuts and seeds.
- Cover bowl and chill in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove bowl and scoop dough onto baking sheet. Do one pass of regular sized cookies. Then about 1/4-1/3 of the dough will be remaining. Do a second pass, adding scoops of dough over top the first cookie mound until all the dough has been used up.
- Bake at 350 for 14 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to cooling rack. Sprinkle sea salt over top – optional. Serve warm. Store leftovers on the countertop for the rest of the day, in the fridge if eating the next day or the next few days.
- mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- cookie scoop or spoon