I am obsessed with this recipe. I whipped it up at lunchtime and have been thinking about sharing it with you guys ever since. This recipe is so simple and uses *frozen* kale as an option for preparing it. I really love the convenience and high nutrient value of frozen veggies like broccoli and kale. (Nutritionally speaking, frozen veggies are similar to — and sometimes better than — fresh ones. – source) The best part, besides the OMG-delicious flavor, is that this Cheezy-Tahini Skillet Kale can be prepared in just about five minutes. Boom. Done. Healthy greens on your plate…
kale + tahini = yes yes yes.
This dish is delicious as an easy green side dish or snack. You could also make it a meal by adding a side of chickpea avocado toast, tempeh triangles or tofu.
Start with the kale.. (frozen kale makes this SO easy as an anytime-no-planning-ahead dish)
Pumpkin seed + nooch sprinkle … aka vegan Parmesan. (sprinkle the leftovers on anything and everything.)
Fold in the cheezy sprinkle – homemade using a Vitamix or food processor!
Sizzle things around a bit, fold in those flavors..
I like to add MORE cheezy sprinkle first..
The tahini-maple sauce – 3 ingredents!
Rich and yummy.. (If you want it thinner, simply add more ACV or maple or a splash of water or lemon juice)
Cheezy-Tahini Skillet Kale
- 3 cups frozen orgaic kale (or 1 bunch fresh, shredded into small pieces)
- 1 cup water or veggie broth
- cheezy sprinkle: (you will have leftovers)
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (or try another nut or seed like walnuts!)
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Tahini Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, grade B
- Optional: hot sauce
- Warm a skillet over high heat. Add in the kale and water or broth. Cover with a lid to speed up the cooking process. Cook until the kale is cooked through and all liquid has been cooked off. If using fresh kale, you will definitely want to cover with a lid to help wilt the kale down.
- Turn heat to low and sprinkle 1-2 tablespoon of the cheezy sprinkle over top the kale. Fold it into the kale. This helps to ‘dry out’ and excess liquid on the kale as well, for better flavor. Cook for one minutes, then add another sprinkle of the cheezy topping – to taste. Turn off heat and transfer kale to serving plate.
- Whisk the tahini sauce together – stir until creamy. Drizzle over top the kale. Add additional cheezy sprinkle if desired. Drizzle hot sauce over top as well. Serve warm.
Yield: serves 2
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 01 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 04 mins.
Total time: 5 mins.
Tags: side,salad,kale,green,tahini,maple,cheezy,pumpkin seeds
Disclosure: I am a Vitamix affiliate and any links to their products are via my affiliate account.
Leave a Reply